“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9
What Can be Learned from this Verse?
- Peter is the Author.
- The delay of judgment is a sign of God’s mercy towards them.
- God is unwilling to see His people perish.
- God is not slack, He doesn’t set one time and then another.
- According to His timetable not ours.
- God is patient!
- Repentance is necessary for salvation.