Today when I woke up I was no longer 22!
I had suddenly gone from being a 22 year old to being a 23 year old.
No more shall I sing 22 by Taylor swift.
I don’t know about you
But I’m feeling 22
Everything will be alright
If you keep me next to you
You don’t know about me
But I’ll bet you want to
Everything will be alright
If we just keep dancing like we’re
Not unless I change the lyrics a little. Think anyone would notice?
Raise your hand if you agree…
Well, since I can’t see any hands in the air from here I’ll assume y’all all agree.
It’s my birthday so, I can do that.
How my day has gone so far
My dad woke me up with a brownie on a plate with a candle stuck in it. (Sweet, right?)
And of course there was singing with my birthday brownie.
He gave me three movies, some candy and of course socks.
He wanted to give me something useful.
Then at church they made me stand up so that they could sing to me!
Would not have been so bad but, I’m in choir so I was at the very front of the church.
With everyone staring at me!
I turned bright red!
After church I met my dad and a couple of people at my favorite Mexican restaurant.
Somebody ratted me out and told a waiter that it was my birthday!
They stuck a hat on me and sang to me in Spanish.
Once again I was bright red!
Now, I’m just chilling out at home in my favorite chair typing up this Birthday post.
I have to say this Birthday has been a good one and it’s not even over.
I’ve been sung to three times.
Think there will be more?
23 things I’m thankful for
- God -He always has my back
- My dad -He loves me no matter what
- My Mom -Even if she has no idea who I am
- Friends -They always put up with me
- Books– sometimes I just need to escape form this world
- Words– Cause words are cool. They have the power to build up or knock down.
- Hugs– I love hugs
- Health– I’m glad I’m not a sick
- Summer– love warm summer days
- My dog– I’m thankful she was mine for the time she was here in our home. She lived for 15 years and I loved her very much. She passed this past Monday and will not be forgotten!
- Tears-Not all tears shed are for sadness.
- Vision– I’m able to see anything and everything that was and has been.
- Sunsets– There just so very pretty
- Sunrises– I don’t see many but, the ones I do are amazing.
- Challenges– Cause I wouldn’t be who I am today without them.
- Music– Adds pep to my day.
- Humor– Helps make the hard time bearable
- Freedom– Thanks to our Armed Forces. I appreciate all they do!
- My Bible– it is everything I need in this life
- Goals– Gives me something to work for
- School– I have the opportunity to continue my education
- Failures– I have learned from them over time
- Turning 23– I’ve made it another year and this is the beginning of new things to experience and new thing to learn.
Happy Birthday to me!
I wonder what this new age has in store for me?